Engaging in speculation about the gossip circulating within the realm of professional wrestling is a popular hobby for numerous enthusiasts, ranking just below the enjoyment derived from actively viewing the matches. In this daily feature, we examine the most recent speculations emanating from the professional wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:
- F4WOnline’s Dave Meltzer suggests that Roman Reigns’ opponent for WrestleMania 40 could be either The Rock or Cody Rhodes, and there’s a possibility of a three-way match. Meltzer indicates that the current plan is Seth Rollins vs. CM Punk at WrestleMania, but it’s subject to change based on various factors.
- Addressing the recent report on Seth Rollins’ injuries, PW Insider’s Mike Johnson believes Rollins should be fit for WrestleMania in April, though his participation in other significant events before that remains uncertain.
- Sports Illustrated reports that AEW is the frontrunner to sign Kazuchika Okada after his departure from New Japan Pro Wrestling. Okada’s close ties with AEW’s Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks, along with his newfound friendship with Bryan Danielson, make AEW an attractive option. Tony Khan is reportedly willing to offer Okada one of the highest salaries in AEW. However, Triple H and Shawn Michaels from WWE have expressed significant interest in signing Okada, as he has reportedly always aspired to perform at a WrestleMania. Potential opponents for Okada in WWE could include AJ Styles and Finn Balor. A key advantage for AEW is Khan’s willingness to accommodate Okada’s preference to continue living in Japan, while WWE would require him to relocate to Florida.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Mercedes Moné is expected to join AEW after completing some acting commitments this month. However, there’s a belief within WWE that there’s still a chance for her to participate in the Royal Rumble.
- Dave Meltzer notes that, according to sources in WWE, Austin Theory did not suffer a concussion during his match against Carmelo Hayes on SmackDown last week, and he is considered to be in good condition.
- In recent developments, AEW wrestler Chris Jericho has filed for the trademark of the phrase “Seek and Destroy.”
Should you come across any intriguing rumours you’d like to share, please don’t hesitate to post them in the comments section below. It’s essential to bear in mind that these are merely rumours and have not been officially confirmed. Kindly treat them as speculative information. Additionally, stay tuned to our weekly Rumour Look Back to gauge the accuracy of rumours over time.